Friday 20th – Saturday 21st June Wellington College
Following on from its success, recognition and highly positive critique in 2013, The Sunday Times Festival of Education is back in 2014 and destined to reach even greater heights!
Having cemented itself as the UK’s premier forum for thought leadership, innovation and development in the field of education, the Sunday Times Festival of Education continues to attract the very best of education’s most forward-thinking advocates, practitioners of change and policy makers. See more about the festival »
RM Education will be there! Come and see us…
…to discover how RM Books, our free whole-school ebook platform is proven to raise literacy standards. See the brand new reading experience revolutionising the way your students will read books and explore how you can use the teacher tools to create your favourite worksheets and quizzes on top of the books making it easy for you to assess progress. There are many online applications that can be used in conjunction with ebooks to raise literacy standards including Accelerated Reader™, Storyboard That, Busy Things, Shakespeare In Bits, Night Zookeeper and Fiction Express.
And you can access all these fantastic applications seamlessly without needing to manage users or log in with many usernames and passwords with RM Unify whichgives you access to the best online applications and content in one place, giving you a great tool to address your school priorities. But don’t just take our word for it…
Many schools are already using RM Books to raise literacy standards with their students. Whether through targeted interventions, in depth learning or reading for pleasure there are many novel ways to encourage your students to read more and for longer. You can hear first-hand from teaching and SLT staff at a range of schools about how RM Books has transforming reading in their school:
- Raising standards in reading (with pupils and their families). Shireland Collegiate Academy. Sessions by Sir Mark Grundy and Kirsty Tonks; and Deanna Howe and Mo Yafai,
- Accelerated progress with innovative ‘iSchool’ learning with Ken Cornforth, Pudsey Grangefield School
- RM Books really works! Impact of RM Books on White British FSM Students with Rob Chisnall & Caithy Martin, Manchester Academy
- Read the ebook, take the Accelerated Reader™ quiz. Testing comprehension with Adrian Mitchell and Fiona Trott, Manor Court Community Primary School
- Able & Talented Reading Club with Mrs Suzy Watkins and Y3 pupils Alex Jones, Adam Al-Nasairi and Molly Stephens, St Julian’s Primary School
- Learning in depth with Avnish Dhesi, Victoria Park Primary Academy
- Using technology to tackle school priorities head on with John Guy and Gareth Hancox, Pheasey Park Farm
- Helping children find words with Hywel Roberts, author and education trainer
- How to keep ’em listening, reading and begging for more with Ali Sparkes, award-winning children’s author
- Tips for writing with Claire Gadsby, author and education trainer
- Socratic Discussion. The philosophy and purpose of education with Martin Robinson, author and education trainer
Pre-register at www.rm.com/festival for any of these sessions and claim your free book pack worth £50* so you can try RM Books for yourself, and don’t worry if you don’t have an RM Books account already – it’s quick and easy to create your free account at books.rm.com or we can do it for you.