The core RM Books service is currently working fine.
There are two browser-related issues. We recommend you use the Chrome browser for RM Books, which works fine.
What are the current issues and what are we doing about them?
1. The Classic Fiction free books fail to render on some browsers:
- Issue: Failed rendering of the free Classic Fiction (pre-1945) titles on Internet Explorer 10 and 11, and FireFox
- Workaround: These books work fine using Chrome. Please use the Chrome browser instead. You may need to request that your school network team makes this browser available for you if it’s not installed.
2. Oops! 500 server error on Windows SmartPhones.
- Issue: The default Internet Explorer browser found on the Windows SmartPhone is not a supported browser for RM Books and may generate this error.
- Workaround: The reading experience on this browser is poor and we recommend you use a different reading device for RM Books where possible, or try a different browser for your Windows Phone if this is your only available device. Offline reading apps are now available for reading outside school on Android and iOS devices.
Apologies for any inconvenience these issues may have caused for you and your teachers.
How to get help:
Please do tell us about any issues you encounter so we can get them fixed: