Planned Maintenance – RM Books will be unavailable for a short period Aug 11, 04:30-06:30 BST, while the servers are updated. Full details are here: http://status.rmunify.com
Action needed: Please now update all versions of the RM Books Apps you have installed on your devices. Once the RM Books servers are updated to support the new Apps, the old versions of the Apps will cease to work.
- New versions of the RM Books offline reading Apps for iOS and Android.
The new features make the offline Apps work in a similar manner to the online site:
- Browse, borrow and return books from your school’s elibrary from within the App, meaning you no longer need to use the site to borrow your next book from your school library when reading via the App.
- Browse the full bookshop and make book requests from within the App (Android version)
- Reading record is now cached within the offline App and sent back to the RM Books service when your device next connects to the internet, so teachers have a full picture of students’ online and offline reading
- Multithreading for background downloading of multiple books so you can read books while other books download
- Support for multiple sets of Book Notes
- Update of the RM Books servers to support the new Apps
We hope you find the new functionality useful. Please continue to send in your feedback about what you’d like to see added or improved.
RM Books team.